Welcome pioneers to the first edition of Fortitude, a new ultra running challenge.
We’re absolutely delighted to have you all with us for what we hope will grow to be a great new event on the UK Ultra calendar.
Take your time with the event, remember it’s all about pacing and staying sane, support each other and whatever happens don’t give up. This is all about you vs you.
SATURDAY - 14/03/2020
EVENT IN PROGRESS
PIPPINGFORD PARK MANOR, NUTLEY, UCKFIELD TN22 3HW
Parking is available free of charge at the venue on the day of the event.
No cars may be left on site overnight before or after the event.
Any vehicle left on site will be removed from the venue.
At registration, you will be provided with everything you need to take part in the event on the day. Please have your ID ready to display when you arrive for the event.
You will be issued with one bib number. Affix your bib number to either a race number belt of a visible bit of kit you will be wearing throughout the event.
3 Bands, Black/Red/Blue you’ll give these up at the split points the first time you don’t finish that distance of lap.
You will be provided with a timing chip at registration, please place the timing chip on your left wrist. This will be used to provide you with your finish time for the day.
Take good care of it, if you lose it you will be charged £10.
Athletes are required to attend the briefing on the morning of the event.
This will take place at 8.15am in the start/finish area and will cover the event, its peculiarities, rules and any other last minute changes.
Our medical team will be on standby throughout the event looking for anybody in trouble. In the event of any medical problems please contact the event team. We recommend keeping your mobile phone on you throughout the event so you can contact us for support as needed.
ATHLETE AREA/FEED STATION
Within the base camp there is a covered athlete area where you can leave your bags/supplies.
Within the athlete area there will also be a feed station where we will have available as a minimum;
- Water (Hot & Cold)
- Sachets of Fullsteam Endurance Fuel (Energy Drink)
- Sachets of Fullsteam Pre Workout (Energy Drink)
- Isotonic Tablets
- Flapjacks/Cookies and other savoury foods
These are equipped with toilets and feed stations.
Screens displaying everyones progress and lap times will be located adjacent the start/finish/Athlete area.
Any problems these are the guys to patch you up and keep you moving.
- The Run Course is all fully signposted with Marshalls located at the various key split/merge points.
- Feed/Medical/Toilets is all located at the base camp/event village so make sure you take out with what you need on each lap.
- A sweep vehicle will tail sweep the course each hour to make sure everybody is ok and progressing safely.
You will be awarded an event medal and finishers shirt based on your ability to complete 10 laps of our roughly 3mile, 4mile or 5mile loops in the given time.
You can change down distance at any time based on how the day is going but you must complete all 10 laps and return to the race village within each hour. Failure to complete a lap and return to the start within the hour will mean you can’t progress onto the next hour.
- You laps will be tracked by two systems – firstly electronic timing and secondly a wrist band system.
- You will start the day with 3 wrist bands, blue/red/black. The first time you do not complete black or red you symbolically throw your wrist band in the bucket. Don’t make it back to camp in the hour that will cost you the blue band and your day will end there.
- At the end of the 10 hours show your wrist band at the finish line to claim your T-Shirt.
- If you decide to withdraw at any point let our team at the lap finish know and hand in your bands.